Wednesday 25 October 2017

WOYWW


Just a few random items on Jo's spotty table today!

Sewing scissors, paper scissors, "other" scissors - why do we need so many?? I must have at least a dozen pairs throughout the house and each pair is used for differerent eventualities! Plus of course my handy little thread snuippers - there are lots of those around too.

The red thing in the middle is a knitting thimble which came from Caricrafts (I use them for all my urgent haberdashery needs, as they provide an excellent, fast service and are very reasonably priced too.)
Now, I have never used a knitting thimble but it appears to have little knobs that you can hook your yarn round when using various colours together - so it might be a useful little item - time will tell.

The little sheep brooches are Maxine's finished items waiting for me to package up ready for her Tilly Tea Dance Christmas fairs.

AND peeping in at the edge are Ben's "Thank You" card photos. He is growing up so quickly and is such a happy little chap.

So, that's my lot for WOYWW today.
I hope you are all enjoying the sunshine on this beautiful Autumn morning.

Thanks for calling by.

xx Jo

10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, I've never heard of a knitting thimble before! You'll have to try it and let us know if it works or not :-D And you may possible have more scissors than Julia and, let me tell you, that IS saying something!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxxx

Annie said...

I’ve never heard of a knitting thimble before so you must bring it to show me next time you come......soon I hope 😀
Hugs,
Annie xxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Busy desk there Jo, you are having fun with lots on the go. Ditto here on numerous scissors, I’d have more than a dozen, prob two dozen closer, amd different purposes all around ... love the wee brooches too.
Thanks so much for your great desky share.
Happy Belated WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #8

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}


Neet said...

Your table with its lovely spotted cloth look the picture of happiness this morning. Makes me feel happy anyway when I look at it.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

You can never have too many pairs of scissors for some reason. I've not come across a knitting thimble before so you'll have to show us how it works. Those sheep brooches are so cute! Happy WOYWW Sarah #19

Marit said...

If the knitting thimble does what it is supposed to do you will have much fun from it! And you make me count my scissors... I must have 10 or 12 - on my workdesk and all around the house. Yep, we DO NEED our scissors ;) Happy woyww and a big hug from Holland, Marit #17

Helen said...

I have lots of scissors too... I have never heard of a knitting thimble.. do let us know how it goes and how you get on with it. Happy WOYWW Helen '#1

Felicia said...

Jo, who doesn't love a scissor stash? I don't know why, but I love scissors and I have my eye on one right now that I may have to buy myself for Christmas! If nothing else, it makes me look "busy" with so many pair!! LOLOL Love Max's goodies on your table as well! Christmas is around the corner! :) Blessings, Felicia #27

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Jo, loving all the little sheep brooches, they are such a fun item. I haven't counted how many scissors I have but I bet it's not far off a dozen-especially as I lost my favourite pair, and despite searching, couldn't find them. So went on Amazon to get another pair, and they had them as a twin pack of two sizes. Just after they arrived, I opened a drawer, and there was the mossing pair, staring at me!Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxXx

Shoshi said...

What a lovely desk, Jo - love the spotty table cover and all your stuff is so pretty and colourful. Your buttons are gorgeous! I've never heard of a knitting thimble. I must research this further. I need to get my knitting projects going again. I've got loads of scissors too, for different purposes. Your little thread snippers look amazing - haven't got any of those!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #5