Wednesday 2 November 2016

WOYWW

Good morning from my wonderfully neat and tidy craft room!
I spent a whole day spritzing it up and rearranging a few things and it looks pretty good.
If the day had been brighter I would have taken a photo (my excuse!)


Instead you have a photo of the new friends who have appeared following a few evenings knitting.
There is Little Jack a cute little ted.
He is sharing the space on my boxtop with three little knitted friends who will be off to their new home with one of Ben's little girl friends.
There is far to much giggling going on over there - keep the noise down you three - please!
If anyone is interested I will send you the pattern details - but check out Wendy's patterns on Etsy here for the tiny dollies - they are gorgeous.  Dollytime.

My next project is to re-cover the computer seat. We bought a great remnant from Simon Boyd in Shrewsbury - a bargain. They had loads of lovely fabric off cuts in their remnant bin but I was with my other half so I was limited in how much I could bring home! ( But I will be going back soon!!!)
I will do a before and after pic for next week.

That's it for this week.
Thanks for calling by.

x Jo

16 comments:

Helen said...

Fab knitting! getting round a few desks before work,but am running out of time now.. Helen #2

Annie said...

I love the latest knitties Jo as I'm sure their new owner will. Hope you're having a good week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Inside the artists shed said...

Lovely knitted folks - winter evenings were made for knitting. Enjoy your week x Jackie #16

sandra de said...

Such a sweet collection of knitted friends. Have a lovely week.
sandra de @26

Lunch Lady Jan said...

There's nothing quite so wonderful as a remnants bin! It's like those bran tub surprises you used to get at school fairs etc :-D
Those little dollies are delightful - but again, I marvel at your levels of patience, it just ain't gonna happen here!
Hugs, LLJ 9 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

HiJo, smashing knitted toys, look great fun.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #22 xxx

Kathyk said...

Great knitting projects, I was never that good at it

Happy WOYWW

Kathyk
No. 34

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

A fun visit. I loved the Friday smile.. Shopping with the significant other is usually when I find more than I really need, and just let it lay. And then go back alone !!!! Enjoy a lovely week

peggy gatto said...

They are just adorable!!! Sending hugs to ALL!

Sharon said...

Love your knitted characters. Maybe one day - when I've mastered knitting - I'll have some to share!

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #38

Elizabeth said...

Superb knitting, Jo. The little dollies are adorable. I can relate to being limited to what you can bring home when the other half is there ... it's worse than having a conscience!!! Look forward to seeing the before and after pics next week. Hope you have a great week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #35

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

They are so sweet. Happy woyww, Angela x 19

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. Gorgeous little knitted characters. I always admire anyone who can knit more than a scarf. Ali x #11

Lynne Mizera said...

I am in awe of your knitting talent... one thing I cannot do... your friends are marvelous! Happy Belated WOYWW from Lynne in Canada - #47

BumbleVee said...

I'm sure I've mentioned before how I wish my hobby room was my own.. which it hasn't been since the last reno that we began in April....arrghhh.... it is really beginning to "get my goat" if you get my drift.

But... sooooon.......... ... like in about two weeks or so..it will be mine again...all mine!!!

Carpet arrives tomorrow and they will take a day or two to install it and then... I can begin the job of carting all the furniture and other "stuff" out and downstairs to its rightful place. By December I can sit in here again and not have computers and printers and photos and other stuff on the hobby room desk. Can hardly wait...I just want to stitch or paint or ...well, something, anything fun... I'm tired of living in limbo awaiting the end of this latest project. And, hopping over drawers, small furnishings and other stuff in all the wrong places...

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Oh Jo had a chuckle at your promise to revisit the shop, I recovered a chair with curtain fabric, it was red worn out tall office chair and it's now in my craft room in lovely purple shades, did share it ages ago, I just added the fabric over the top and so preserved the shape, no sewing just push and shove under plastic frame.
I just love the knitted babies, esp the teddy, he's really gorgeous.